Opening Hours

Bournbrook Varsity Medical Centre

08:00 - 18:15
Sat 2 Jul
08:30 - 10:45
Sun 3 Jul
Mon 4 Jul
08:00 - 12:30
14:00 - 18:15
Tue 5 Jul
08:00 - 18:15
Wed 6 Jul
08:00 - 18:15
Thu 7 Jul
08:00 - 18:15

Not sure what to do?

NHS 111 can help if you need urgent medical help or you're not sure what to do.

They will ask questions about your symptoms so you get the help you need.

If you need to go to A&E, NHS 111 will book an arrival time. This might mean you spend less time in A&E. This also helps with social distancing.  

You can get help from or call 111. It's available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Get help from

When to call 999

If you or someone in your household is suffering from a life threatening condition please dial 999.

This can include:

  • loss of consciousness
  • an acute confused state
  • fits that are not stopping
  • chest pain
  • breathing difficulties
  • severe bleeding that cannot be stopped
  • severe allergic reactions
  • severe burns or scalds

Call 999 immediately if you or someone else is having a heart attack or stroke. Every second counts with these conditions.

Also call 999 if you think someone has had a major trauma, such as after a serious road traffic accident, a stabbing, a shooting, a fall from height, or a serious head injury.

Out of Hours

Our nearest Urgent Treatment Centre is South Birmingham Urgent Treatment Centre on Katie Road. 

The service is now by appointment only, call NHS 111 to book.

Open every day of the year including Christmas Day and all other Bank Holidays between 8.00am and 8.00pm

15 Katie Road, Selly Oak, Birmingham, B29 6JG

NHS 111

111 online is a fast and convenient alternative to the 111 phone service and provides an option for people who want to access 111 digitally. 

Your needs will be assessed and you will be given advice about whether you need:

  • Treat yourself at home
  • Go to a Primary Care Centre

If you need face to face medical attention you may be asked to attend a Primary Care Centre.

Click here to access NHS 111 online or call 111 to speak to a staff member.